Mountain Valley Program Updates - June 1, 2020 Update
Yes, things are changing fast but Scouters are smart, and we will all figure out how to do the best by our families, community, and Scouts during this pandemic.
Summary of Schedule Changes
- Order of The Arrow Call Out: Continues to be discussed. Continue to check the OA page for current updates.
- Cub Scouting Summer Activities: Continue to check the Cub Scouting Summer Activities page for ways to keep scouts actively involved in scouting this summer.
- June 13th - Cub Scout Hiking: To keep scouts on the move, we are encouraging all Cub Scout Units to do individual hikes. Be sure to maintain proper social distancing. This is a great opportunity to earn advancements!
- July 18th - District Bike Rodeo: The location and time for this event is still TBD.
- K-M Scout Ranch is OPEN! Register by calling the Service Center in Great Falls at 406-761-6000 or check them out on the Montana Council website. If you have any questions about the status of your scouts registration, check in with your troop leader.
- August 1st - Scout Scarf Day: This is something that everyone can participate in! Be sure to take a picture and share it with your troop leader to earn an awesome patch and show your scouting pride!
- August 1st - RSO Safety Class: Range Safety Officer (RSO) Training will be offered as an in-person training. The successful completion of this course allows individuals to staff under the direction of a Range Safety Manager shooting sports including; air rifle, BB gun, and sling shot.
- August 6th - District Roundtable Kickoff Program & Recruitment: The location and time for this event is still TBD.
- August 21st - 22nd Cub Scout Day Camp / Bear Rendezvous: Continue to check for updates as the state is proceeding in the phase of re-opening. Check out our Day Camp page.
- September 11th - Wood Badge begins: This course will be held at Grizzly Base in Big Fork, MT. Check out the Montana Council Wood Badge page for more information.